AIR FORCE PAY & PERKS
PAY & ALLOWANCES
Last Updated On: 12/12/2012
Even before you are commissioned as an Air Force Officer you start earning a monthly stipend of Rs. 21,000/- during last one year of your training period at any of the AIR FORCE TRAINING INSTITUTIONS.
The following Pay / Allowances would be applicable on grant of Commission to Flying Officers:-
1. Pay in Pay Band (Common to all Branches), Rs 15,600/- Per Month (The officer will be placed in PB 3 – Rs 15600/- to 39100/-)
2. Grade Pay: - Rs 5400 PM
3. Military Service Pay: - Rs 6000 PM
4. Dearness Allowance @ 72 percent: - Rs 19440 PM
5. Kit Maintenance Allowance: - Rs 500 PM
6. Transport Allowance: - Rs 3200 + DA (major cities) / 1600 + DA (Other cities)
In addition the following allowances are admissible to the newly Commissioned Officers in Flying and Technical Branches
1. Flying Allowance @ Rs 11250 PM to Flying Branch Officers.
2. Technical Allowance @ Rs 2500 PM to Technical Branch Officers.
GROSS MONTHLY EMOLUMENTS:
The first monthly pay package of Flying Officers in all the branches would be as under (This does not Include other allowances based on place of posting except Transport Allowance of major cities which is included)
Flying Branch Technical Branch Ground Duty Branch
Total Emoluments (in Rs) 63694/- 54944/- 52444/-
As you grow in rank and stature in the Air Force, your income and other entitlements also increase in harmony with your enhanced responsibilities.