QUESTIONS OF THE DAY (11-APRIL-2015)
Ques1: To help PSBs raise capital from the equity market the govt. plans to reduce its stakes in state owned banks to 52 percent by
1) 2016 2) 2017 3) 2018 4) 2019 5) 2020
Ques2: The FINA has approved National Games as qualifying event for World Championships to be held in Kazan, Russia from 24 Jul this year.
FINA is the international governing body of
1) swimming 2) archery 3) snooker 4) football 5) basketball
Ques 3: Which of the following pairs is the winner of the men's doubles title of the 2015 Australian Open tennis tournament?
1) Simone Bolleli & Fabio Fagnini 2) Pierre-Hugues Herbert and Nicolas Mahut 3) Bob Bryan and Mike Bryan 4) Ivan Dodig and Marcelo Melo 5) None of these
Ques 4: Bethanie Mattek-Sands and Lucie Safarova defeated which of the following pairs to win the women’s doubles title of the 2015 Australian Open tennis tournament?
1) Chan Yung-Jan and Zheng Jie 2) Martina Hingis and Flavia Pennetta 3) Julia Görges and Anna-Lena Grönefeld 4) Kiki Bertens and Johanna Larsson 5) None of these
Ques 5: India, China exchangd notes on modalities for opening second route for Kailash Mansarovar Yatra. This route will pass through
1) Lipulekh Pass 2) Nathu La Pass 3) Ralam Pass 4) Untadhura Pass 5) None of these
Ques 6: The freelance journalist Kenji Goto, who was beheaded by the Islamic State militants recently, was a ___________citizen.
1) Jordanian 2) US 3) French 4) Japanese 5) South Korean
Ques 7: The Housing and urban poverty alleviation ministry has launched a scheme called DAY to impart skills to rural and urban poor. The term DAY stands for
1) Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana 2) Deendayal Anna Yojana 3) Deendayal Aawas Yojana 4) Deendayal Aahar Yojana 5) None of these
Ques 8: The RBI has constituted a high-powered panel for the urban cooperative banking (USB) sector. Which of the following is NOT correct in this regard?
1) The eight-member committee is chaired by the RBI Deputy Governor SS Mundra. 2) It has been set up on the recommendation made by the Standing Advisory Committee (SAC) on UCBs last year. 3) It will re-examine and recommend appropriate set of businesses, size, conversion and licensing terms for USBs. 4) It will examine whether the time is opportune to give license to new UCBs. 5) It will submit its report within three months from the date of its first meeting.
Ques 9: Which of the following was NOT a highlight of the 29th edition of the Surajkund International Crafts Mela kick started on 1 Feb?
1) Chhattisgarh was the theme state of the fair. 2) Lebanon was the partner country of the fair. 3) Artisans from 20 countries participated in the event, the highest so far. 4) The opening ceremony was presided over by Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar and Chhattisgarh CM Raman Singh. 5) None of these
Ques 10. The 54-nation African Union has its headquarters in
1) Algiers, Algeria 2) Cairo, Egypt 3) Addis Ababa, Ethiopia 4) Bangui, Central African Republic 5) Yaounde, Cameroon
1. Answer:- 4) 2019
2. Answer:- 1) swimming
3. Answer:- 1) Simone Bolelli and Fabio Fognini
4. Answer:- 1) Chan Yung-Jan and Zheng Jie
5. Answer:- 2) Nathu La Pass
6. Answer:- 4) Japanese
7. Answer:- 1) Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana
8. Answer:- 1) The eight-member committee is chaired by the RBI Deputy Governor SS Mundra.
9. Answer:- 5) None of these
10. Answer:- 3) Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
No of comments [ 150 ]