Hundreds of cadets at the National Defence Academy in Khadakwasla were
rushed to hospital on Thursday afternoon after suffering from food
poisoning, sources in the NDA have told The Indian Express.
700 of them had to be taken to the Military Hospital in Khadakwasla in
ambulances, personal vehicles of officers, trucks and other modes of
transport available. Many were made to sleep on the floor of the
hospital due to lack of space, sources said. Later, they were rushed to
Military Hospital (Khadki).
While there were close to 700 cadets on Thursday, the number has reduced to 400- 500 on Friday, they said.
official response from the NDA was still awaited. “I will revert back
to you,” Commander Shibu Devasia, spokesperson of NDA wrote in an email
to The Indian Express.
Egg curry served in lunch on Thursday is
being seen as the culprit. The cadets who did not take egg were reported
to be fine. When the cadets assembled for the afternoon drill, an
activity before they begin their sports activity, many started to
complain of uneasiness.
“One by one, they started vomiting. The
numbers increased with each passing minute and till about 5 pm, about
700 cadets had been rushed to military hospital in Khadakwasla in all
available vehicles, ambulances, cars of divisional officers,” said one
No of comments [ 0 ]