QUESTION OF THE DAY(19-SEPT-2015)
Ques. : 1 The South Korean steel giant Posco, recently, put on hold its $12-bn steel project in which of the following states due to delays in various regulatory approvals?
1) Karnataka 2) Maharashtra
3) Madhya Pradesh 4) Odisha
5) Tamil Nadu
Ques. : 2 Name the Indian American woman who has been honoured as one of the Champions of Change by the White House of the US.
1) Sunita Viswanath 2) Indra Nooyi
3) Sunita Williams 4) Renu Khator
5) Geeta Menon
Ques. : 3 The Haryana govt has appointed who among the following as its brand ambassador for the ‘Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao’ campaign to promote the cause of the girl child?
1) Kareena Kapoor 2) Parineeti Chopra
3) Deepika Padukone 4) Priyanka Chopra
5) Madhuri Dixit
Ques. : 4 The Union govt’s Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) has approved a proposal to set up the country’s first defence industrial park at Ottappalam in
1) Tamil Nadu 2) Kerala
3) Karnataka 4) West Bengal
Ques. : 5 Alcides Edgardo Ghiggia, who passed away recently, was the soccer legend of
1) Brazil 2) Argentina
3) Chile 4) France
Ques. : 6 Who among the following has been appointed as the new Director of National Book Trust?
1) MA Sikandar 2) Uddipana Goswami
3) Rita Chowdhury 4) Arupa Kalita Patangia
5) Anuradha Sharma Pujari
Ques. : 7 The RBI signed a special currency swap agreement, recently, with the central bank of which of the following countries that will allow the latter to draw up to $1.1 bn for a maximum period of six months?
1) Afghanistan 2) Bangladesh
3) Myanmar 4) Sri Lanka
Ques. : 8 India has signed a pact with the World Bank, recently, for $250-mn financial assistance for the Disaster Recovery Project of
1) Odisha 2) Tamil Nadu
3) Andaman and Nicobar 4) Andhra Pradesh
Ques. : 9 The proposal of which of the following Chinese telecom solutions providers to set up a manufacturing unit in Tamil Nadu received conditional security clearance from the Union Home Ministry recently?
1) China Unicom 2) Pioneer Global
3) ZTE 4) Huawei
Ques. : 10 Indigenously built INS Astravahini was decommissioned at Vishakhapatnam recently. It was a
1) torpedo launch and recovery vessel 2) guided missile destroyer
3) fast attack vessel 4) helicopter carrier
5) anti-submarine warfare carrier
1. Answer:- 4) Odisha
2. Answer:- 1) Sunita Viswanath
3. Answer:- 2) Parineeti Chopra
4. Answer:- 2) Kerala
5. Answer:- 5) Uruguay
6. Answer:- 3) Rita Chowdhury
7. Answer:- 4) Sri Lanka
8. Answer:- 4) Andhra Pradesh
9. Answer:- 4) Huawei
10.Answer:- 1) torpedo launch and recovery vessel
No of comments [ 0 ]