QUESTION OF THE DAY (03-NOVEMBER-2015)
Ques. : 1 The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) uses GVA to give its projections nowadays. What is the expanded form of the term GVA?
1) Gross Volume Added 2) Gross Value Accrued
3) Gross Value Added 4) General Value Addition
5) Goods Value Addition
Ques. : 2 After releasing Rs 100 notes, the RBI would soon start issuing Rs 1,000 notes with enhanced security features. The RBI is empowered to issue banknotes of denomination up to
1) Rs 1,000 2) Rs 2,000
3) Rs 5,000 4) Rs 10,000
5) Rs 20,000
Ques. : 3 The RBI has issued draft guidelines for a uniform method by which banks have to arrive at base rate. What is base rate?
1) The minimum rate set by the RBI below which banks are not allowed to lend. 2) The maximum rate set by the RBI above which banks are not allowed to lend.
3) The minimum rate below which the RBI cannot lend to banks. 4) The maximum rate above which the RBI cannot lend to banks.
5) None of these
Ques. : 4 The sports ministry on 31 Aug recognized which of the following as a sports discipline and placed it in the ‘priority’ category?
1) Yoga 2) Kho kho
3) Carrom 4) Tight rope walking
5) None of these
Ques. : 5 Which of the following African cities has been selected as the host for the 2022 Commonwealth Games? An African city will host the games for the first time.
1) Harare, Zimbabwe 2) Durban, South Africa
3) Gaborone, Botswana 4) Windhoek, Namibia
5) Lobamba, Swaziland
Ques. : 6 India has won the top UNESCO prize ‘Award of Excellence’ 2015 for the remarkable conservation efforts of the majestic Sree Vadakkunnathan Temple situated in the state of
1) Kerala 2) Karnataka
3) Tamil Nadu 4) Maharashtra
Ques. : 7 The next Commonwealth Games will be held in _________ in 2018.
1) Australia 2) England
3) India 4) Malaysia
Ques. : 8 AK Jha has been appointed as interim CMD of which of the following PSUs?
1) IOC 2) Coal India
3) BSNL 4) BHEL
Ques. : 9 The NASA and USAID have launched a joint project to strengthen environmental monitoring in Southeast Asian region. Named as SERVIR-Mekong, it will be situated in
1) Manila, Philippines 2) Jakarta, Indonesia
3) Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia 4) Bangkok, Thailand
5) Hanoi, Vietnam
Ques. : 10 Which of the following cities has been officially selected as the US bid candidate for 2024 Summer Olympic Games?
1) Chicago 2) San Francisco
3) Los Angeles 4) Las Vegas
5) Austin ANSWERS
1. Answer:- 3) Gross Value Added
2. Answer:- 4) Rs 10,000
3. Answer:- 1) The minimum rate set by the RBI below which banks are not allowed to lend.
4. Answer:- 1) Yoga
5. Answer:- 2) Durban, South Africa
6. Answer:- 1) Kerala
7. Answer:- 1) Australia
8. Answer:- 5) NTPC
9. Answer:- 4) Bangkok, Thailand
10.Answer:- 3) Los Angeles
No of comments [ 0 ]